Sunday, December 6, 2009

Roof on, dude!



After a frustrating and relatively inactive week in which wet weather flooded our toolroom twice, dampening spirits and rusting tools, the skies cleared Thursday afternoon, and we had a kind of last minute, almost-the-end-of-the-semester rally.

In less than two full day's work we completed the remaining half-a-barn's rafters, all purlins, and 85% of our metal roofing.

There remains, at the time of writing this, just three or four sheets of roof to fit.

And none too soon, either. Just a few hours after I got done picking up around the job site after two day's hard grind, we got a mini-nor'easter and it snowed pretty good.

I don't know what the weather is doing in Unity, but here in Jackson, Maine, we have eight inches of heavy fresh snow, and the town's snowplow just tried to drive across my lawn, taking out a significant chunk of my best grass for sheep!

I guess we have a new driver who doesn't know where the road is. Oh well. Grass grows back and this is a farm, not a suburban tract house.

It can snow as much as it wants now. I don't care.

The roof is on.



No comments: